Updated March 2022
If you arrive late for your appointment your scheduled service is not guaranteed and will likely need to be rescheduled or changed. If you arrive too late to be seen it is considered a Late Cancellation.
Masks are required to be worn by all clients. If you arrive to your appointment without a mask, we offer disposables for a $1 charge. If refused, it will be considered a late cancellation and all policies apply.
No shows may be unable to reschedule due to high demand and limited availability. Fees will apply. Please see cost details in the subsequent section.
- Due to high demand and limited availability, all services require a credit/debit card at the time of scheduling.
- Once an appointment is scheduled, all policies apply even if text or email reminder was not received.
- Late arrivals that incur a service change or no service performed are considered a late cancel and policies will apply.
- A Missed Appointment Fee will apply to all No Shows/Late Cancellations. Late Cancellation - 50% service fee charged to credit/debit card on file. No Show - 100% service fee charged to credit/debit card on file.
- We reserve the right to refuse service if policies are not adhered to or if repeated no shows, late cancels and/or late arrivals occur.
- All outstanding balances must be paid in full before any future appointments may be reserved/services received.
Client Appointment Requirements
- Masks are REQUIRED to receive service. We have implemented a strict “No Mask, No Service” policy. We do offer disposable masks for a $1 charge. Masks must be worn within the treatment room. Refusal will result in cancellation of service and charges will apply.
- If you have been exposed or diagnosed with COVID 19 within the past 14 days you will be unable to receive service.
- No children or guests permitted at this time. We are open for appointment holders only.
- Due to high demand and limited availability, certain services require a credit/debit card at the time of scheduling and we are enforcing a strict no show policy.
- No cash payments.
- We realize some of our policies may be inconvenient or may not align with certain viewpoints. We ask that if for any reason you are unable to adhere, please refrain from booking an appointment.
Safety Precautions + Boutique Changes
- We are limiting the amount of people in the building as well as increasing time between clients for extended disinfection time, so appointments will be limited.
- Only one client is permitted in a treatment room at a time.
- We have arranged separate seating areas to ensure distance between clients. In order to maintain this, please do not arrive to your appointment any sooner than 10 minutes prior to your time.
- All staff has their temperature taken at the beginning of their shift. Service providers are also required to wear a mask and eye shields are available for their use.
- Our philosophy is our staff and clients whom are most vulnerable should feel safe, protected and respected.
- If you need additional assistance, please contact us at Norfolk office or Virginia Beach office.
- Our policies may change based on requirements from VDH, CDC, DPOR or any other regulatory agencies we are required to follow.
Updated March 2022
- LATE ARRIVAL – If you arrive late for your appointment, your scheduled service is not guaranteed and will likely need to be rescheduled or changed. If you arrive too late to be seen it is considered a Late Cancellation.
- NO MASK – If you arrive to your appointment without a mask, it will be considered a late cancellation and all policies apply.
- NO SHOW/LATE CANCELLATION – Due to high demand and limited availability, all services require a credit/debit card at the time of scheduling, and no shows may be unable to reschedule.
- Late Cancellation: Same day cancellation of appointment - 50% service fee charged to credit/debit card on file.
- No Show: Missing an appointment without communication of cancellation - 100% service fee charged to credit/debit card on file.
- All fees must be paid before rebooking.
What to expect?
Thank you for your interest in our waxing services! We are sharing this important information to make your experience the best it can be. Our goal is for you to be happy during and after your service.
Please remember, all of our estheticians are licensed, experienced and specially trained in the Smooth technique with the utmost professionalism. We see over 2,000 clients per month and we have really seen it all. We are here for you, so please do not be shy. Ask us any questions that come to mind prior to your service.
- We use a combination of hard and soft wax. Your esthetician will determine the best wax for your skin/hair type to get you the smoothest, most comfortable wax. Our own Smooth Hard Wax was formulated to be gentle on the skin but to also be strong enough to remove stubborn hair.
- When maintained on a regular basis, waxing can cause the hair to grow in softer, finer and sparser.
- For best results, DO NOT SHAVE. Wax every 3-4 weeks. If you wait longer than 6 weeks, this can disrupt the process.
- It is normal to have short/stray hairs after your wax. Your skin may not be 100% smooth. This is most commonly seen with first-time waxers, those who have been shaving or those who have not had a wax in a while. The skin will become smoother with regular waxing.
- If you do have hair left behind, it is likely because some of the hair was too short. Hair grows in different cycles. The hair that is just growing in/shorter may be too short for the wax to adhere to. The best thing to do is let the hair grow in, then get waxed to have it removed at your next visit.
- It is normal to have some redness, bumps or irritation for 24-72 hours after waxing.
- It is very important to avoid the following activities for 24-48 hours after your wax: exercise, sex, steam/hot showers, swimming, hot tubs and tanning beds.
- Remember, less is more, so no need to put any lotions or powders on the area after a wax. We will apply a healing cream to help calm the skin after the treatment.
- Prone to ingrown hairs? Proper exfoliation between visits can help reduce ingrown hairs. We sell several different products that will help keep your skin clear. Ask your esthetician for more details.
- It is important to let your esthetician know if you are using any acne or anti-aging products or prescriptions as these can cause the skin to be more sensitive to waxing.
- We take your trust seriously. We know waxing can be a nerve-wracking experience, but we are here to make it as easy as possible for you. If you have ANY questions before, during or after your service, please ask! Let us know how we did and if there is any way we can improve your experience.